Subject: ModesXML

ModesXML

From: Dominique Rogers <do<-at->
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2010
Fiona Cahill <fc322 [at] cam__ac__uk> writes

>The museum I work for uses ModesXML <URL:http://www.modes.org.uk/>
>as their collections database. The facility to write any sort of
>comprehensive conservation records is very limited. At the present
>time I'm recording conservation assessments and treatments directly
>into Word documents. This is not very satisfactory as curatorial and
>conservation information about an object are held in two different
>sources. I wondered if anyone else used MODES and how they got
>around this problem?

Ipswich Museum was using the 'Modes for windows' conservation
record, there was a way to link the files to the main records it was
supposed to work even better with Modes XML.  Robert Entwistle at
Ipswich museum should be able to help you, if not your Modes
adviser.

Dominique A. Rogers, MA. BSc (Hons), ACR
Ganapati Kumari
Pin Mill, Ipswich IP9 1JW
+44 1473 780 867

                Distributed: Thursday, October 21, 2010