Subject: Waxed linen plans

Waxed linen plans

From: Kaori Ito <kaori67943<-at->
Date: Friday, October 15, 2010
Alison Muir <alison.muir [at] nmni__com> writes

>Does anyone have any information/experience/suggestions on the
>conservation of waxed linen plans, particularly the removal of sticky
>tape adhesives/stains and suitable adhesives for repair?

When I researched and treated a small group of architectural plans
on cloth, I came across an article below on sticky tape removal.

    <URL:http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/documents/vital-signs/
        issue-04/Vital%20Signs%20Issue%204%20-%20Sydney
        %20Trig%20Survey.pdf

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

For tear repair I used wheat starch paste and Japanese tissue but
found that other adhesives including methyl cellulose, Klucel G in
ethanol, SCMC have also been used.

                Distributed: Thursday, October 21, 2010