Subject: ModesXML

ModesXML

From: Fiona Cahill <fc322<-at->
Date: Thursday, October 7, 2010
The museum I work for uses ModesXML <URL:http://www.modes.org.uk/>
as their collections database. The facility to write any sort of
comprehensive conservation records is very limited. At the present
time I'm recording conservation assessments and treatments directly
into Word documents. This is not very satisfactory as curatorial and
conservation information about an object are held in two different
sources. I wondered if anyone else used MODES and how they got
around this problem?

Fiona Cahill
Conservator
Scott Polar Research Institute
University of Cambridge
Lensfield Road
Cambridge CB2 1ER
+44 1223 336559

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 13, 2010