Subject: Positions at Kiffy Stainer Hutchins and Co

Positions at Kiffy Stainer Hutchins and Co

From: Kiffy Stainer-Hutchins <kiffy<-at->
Date: Monday, August 23, 2010
Paintings conservators (2 positions
Kiffy Stainer Hutchins and Co

UKP19,500 - 21,500

Full Time Fixed Term Contract (15 months)
Sep 13, 2010 - Dec 23, 2011

10 freelance paintings conservators (preferably London based)

Hourly rates negotiable
(intermittently on site, Piccadilly London
between Sep 13, 2010 - Dec-23-2011)

Closing date: 4 September 2010

Kiffy Stainer Hutchins and Co are seeking 2 full time fixed term
paintings conservators with between 3 months - 4 yrs post
qualification experience who will augment our core team and who will
be based at our Norfolk studios. We are further seeking to establish
a pool of up to 10 freelance conservators whom we can call upon to
work on site in London intermittently during the next 15 months.
This is in connection with an immense project we are undertaking at
the Cafe Royal Piccadilly London, involving 140 large ceiling
paintings in oil on canvas to be treated in time for 2012 Olympics.

As well as work on existing projects, the fixed term conservators
will engage in studio treatments of 115 19th century paintings from
the Cafe Royal (including complex structural/re-backing and
overpaint removal, extensive retouching, and the reconstruction of
31 burnt and/or missing paintings).

The studio team--plus a rotating team of freelance conservators
(preferably London based)--will also be involved with intermittent
phased work at the Cafe Royal (involving de-installation and
re-installation of studio treated paintings and cleaning and
restoration of 25 paintings in situ). These positions present an
unrivalled opportunity to gain an intensive and broad range of in
depth practical experience and related study. The successful
candidates will be organised, responsible, enthusiastic and able to
work to a very high standard and to fixed deadlines.

For more information please visit

    <URL:http://www.kstainerhutchins.com>

or contact:

    Cindy Pardoe
    Kiffy Stainer Hutchins and Co
    Conservation and Restoration of Fine Paintings and Associated
    Works
    Houghton Conservation Studios
    Houghton
    Norfolk PE31 6TY, UK