Subject: Paraffin impregnated paper

Paraffin impregnated paper

From: Karen Potje <kpotje<-at->
Date: Monday, August 23, 2010
I'm sending this query on behalf of an artist friend who doesn't
have access to the DistList.  He is  working on a series of pencil
drawings on small, stiff sheets of watercolour paper and has
experimented with quickly dipping them in a bath of melted paraffin.
He likes the effect, but he wonders if there are any long-term
preservation considerations. I don't know a lot about wax myself.

Karen Potje
Chef, Conservation et Restauration
Head, Conservation and Preservation
Centre Canadien d'Architecture