Subject: Society of Archivists conference

Society of Archivists conference

From: Mark Allen <mark_allen<-at->
Date: Friday, August 20, 2010
The final programme for this year's Society of Archivists/Archives
and Records Association Conservation Conference is now available to
view at

    <URL:http://www.archives.org.uk>

We have made every effort to keep the costs low this year. As an
alternative to the full conference package, the day rate for
attendance may be a more attractive option for some. We can also
take your booking right up to a couple of days before conference
begins. We look forward to seeing you in Manchester. Here are some
of the highlights

    Parchment analysis at Cardiff University
    Lee Gonzalez
    Cardiff University

    The History of Bookbinding: Discovered in the Collections of the
    Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Archive Service
    Richard Nichols
    Staffordshire Archives

    A review of de-acidification practice
    Dr. Barry Knight
    Head of Conservation Research, The British Library

    Aspects of the conservation of Glass plate negatives--Creating a
    stable future
    Jenny Hodgson
    Conservator, English Heritage National Monuments Record

    Minimum intervention within a complex conservation project
    Alessandro Scola
    Derry and Raphoe Diocesan Library

    Paper manuscripts covers: A demonstration
    Antony Oliver
    Sheffield Archives

    The ethics of removing previous repairs
    Rebecca Lumsden
    Conservator, National Museum of Ireland

    Box making demonstration and interactive session
    Mark Allen
    Flintshire Record Office

    The work of the Preservation Advisory Centre
    Caroline Peach
    Head of PAC

    Keeping Up With The Volunteers. I need skates!
    Deborah Phillips
    Devon Record Office

    Are we archivists too?--Conservation documentation in the 21st
    Century
    Shirley Jones
    West Yorkshire Archives

    Paper Repair in the Terry's Archive
    Catherine Dand
    Borthwick Institute

    Facing Difficult Tracings
    Rowena Jones
    Gwynedd Archives

    Introduction to the Introduction Week
    Lydia Stirling
    Highland Council Archives

    Reflections on the archival health of the nation
    Dr Nicholas Kingsley
    The National Archives

                  Distributed: Monday, August 30, 2010