Subject: Colored epoxy resins for glass conservation

Colored epoxy resins for glass conservation

From: Stephen Koob <koobsp<-at->
Date: Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Hyoyun Kim <kimhyoyun [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am investigating the possible yellowing of tinted epoxy resins for
>glass conservation. ...

Norman Tennent has been researching this subject extensively, and he
and I will be presenting a paper here in Corning at the 2010 ICOM
Ceramics and Glass Conservation Working Group (October 3-6).

We have also used Ciba-Geigy dyes (Microlithe); Brenntag )Macrolex)
and BASF (Heliogen).

You may find it difficult to assess or quantify the yellowing as
being attributed to the epoxy or the dyes, even with controls.

Stephen Koob
Chief Conservator
The Corning Museum of Glass
One Museum Way