Subject: Survey sewing on supports

Survey sewing on supports

From: Julie Sommerfeldt <juliesommerfeldt<-at->
Date: Monday, August 2, 2010
I am collecting data on current methods used to extend broken or
short book sewing supports.

Whether your intention is to re-sew loose or detached
sections/quires or to create slips for board/cover reattachment,
what do you do with a sewing support that is weakened/degraded,
broken or just too short?

Please indicate methods and materials used in your workshop or
institution. This data is being collected for my masters project at
West Dean College.

Julie Sommerfeldt
Student Conservator
Books and Library Materials Department