Subject: Consolidating marble fountains

Consolidating marble fountains

From: Ana Vilela <ana_keepon<-at->
Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010
I am a student of Conservation and Restoration of Heritage on Escola
Superior de Tecnologia de Tomar, of the Institut Politecnico de
Tomar at Portugal. Now I'm at Tenerife Island in Canary Islands
doing Erasmus trainnng programme.

We are working with some of the marble fountains on the historical
centre of San Cristobal de La Laguna, listed by UNESCO.

Does anyone has previous good experience doing pre-consolidation and
consolidation on marble fountains? They are actually in use. Can you
please help us? Can you please also direct us on some good
bibliography or online publications about this subject?

Ana Raquel Coelho Vilela
Quinta da Piedade
2615 Povoa de Santa Iria
Lisboa