Subject: Survey on visitor interaction and conservation

Survey on visitor interaction and conservation

From: Kayleigh O'Donnell <kaod55<-at->
Date: Monday, July 19, 2010
I am a postgraduate student at Lincoln University, UK requiring some
assistance for my dissertation research. My research is on how
increased interaction and visitor involvement in historic properties
affects the role of the conservator and the collections.

In particular I am keen to contact conservators working with
collections which may be in frequent use, perhaps in a

    Historic House which is hired for functions or filming.

    Transport or interactive museum where exhibits can be used or
    handled.

    Stately home which has residents living in or using it.

    Museum which allows handling and use of a large proportion of
    the collection.

I am interested in seeing if conservation treatments of objects are
adapted in order to allow more handling and environmental
fluctuations. In addition to discover how they are prepared for
excessive or continued use.

Please see

    <URL:http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=23901fhflg>

It should take about 10 minutes and would greatly assist with my
research in establishing how conservators care for collections of
this type at the moment.

All data collected in this survey will only be used for this study
and will be treated sensitively. You may email me on the address
below if you have any further information or comments.

Kayleigh O'Donnell
MA Conservation Of Historic Objects
University of Lincoln
Lincoln, UK