Subject: Survey on users of conservation services

Survey on users of conservation services

From: Eric Pourchot <epourchot<-at->
Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Do you know who uses conservation services?  How potential clients
find a conservator?  What is most important to someone looking for
conservation services?

Neither do I!  So let's try to find out.

If you or your organization uses conservation services, we invite
you to take the FAIC Conservation Services survey yourself.  It
should only take about 8 to 10 minutes to complete, and responses
are completely anonymous:

    <URL:http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N99987M>

If you are a provider of conservation services, please refer your
past, present, and future clients (individuals as well as
organizations) to the FAIC Conservation Services survey.  All you
need to do is to provide them with the link to the on-line survey.
It is then up to the client to participate or not. You do not need
to reveal to anyone who those clients are.  The survey is primarily
designed for North American respondents, but international
participation is also welcomed.

As a reward to your clients, we have prepared two special
reports--"Ten Questions to Ask a Conservator" and "Top Ten
Conservation Websites"--that they can download after completing the
survey.

The survey results, combined with a survey of small museums,
libraries, and archives conducted last summer, will be
professionally analyzed and the report will be available to all AIC
members this fall.  A summary will also be shared through the
Cons DistList.

The more responses we have, the more useful the final data will be.
So, please direct your clients to the survey at:

    <URL:http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N99987M>

Or, you can direct them to this page on the AIC Website:

    <URL:http://www.conservation-us.org/iConserve>

If you would like to preview the survey first, you can do so by
going to:

    <URL:http://www.conservation-us.org/surveypreview>

You'll also find a sample there of how you might invite your clients
to participate.

The survey will remain active through at least September 10, 2010.

For more information, please contact

    Eric Pourchot
    FAIC Institutional Advancement Director
    202-661-8061
    epourchot<-at->conservation-us<.>org

Eric Pourchot, Ph.D.
Institutional Advancement Director
Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic
     and Artistic Works
1156 15th St. NW, Suite 320
Washington, DC  20005-1714
202-661-8061