Subject: LED lighting

LED lighting

From: Megan de Silva <megandesilva<-at->
Date: Sunday, June 27, 2010
Patricia Silence <psilence [at] cwf__org> writes

>We are most grateful to Steven Weintraub, who has pulled together
>information on this topic in a way that should be directly relevant
>to conservators and other collections professionals.  It is our hope
>that this will put us on track to talk with industry experts as we
>work to solve our small scale preservation problems in concert with
>the world's big environmental problems.

Jane Henderson and I presented a paper at ICON's CF10 conference
entitled 'Sustainability Benchmarks for collections care' which
proposed a number of measures which conservators can take to reduce
the environmental impact of their practice. In response to feedback
at the conference we have placed the benchmarks online and would
like to offer our webspace as a place for further discussions
surrounding environmental sustainability and conservation practice.
If you would like to access the website and participate in this
discussion please email me.

Megan de Silva
Social History Conservator,
St Fagans: National History Museum, Cardiff

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 11, 2010