Subject: Authenticating lace

Authenticating lace

From: Kim Kotary <kkotary<-at->
Date: Saturday, June 26, 2010
I am trying to authenticate the lace trim on a Robe a la Francaise
circa 1740.  The trim is made of what look like crocheted chain and
slip stitches. The thread is 3-ply linen thread wrapped with silk
(ivory colored).  I'm looking for other pieces of similar lace or
thread from the same time period.If anyone can direct me to any
sources, I would appreciate it.

Kim Kotary
Textile Conservator in private practice in NYC

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 4, 2010