Subject: Position at Science Museum, London

Position at Science Museum, London

From: Duggan Emma <emma.duggan<-at->
Date: Monday, June 21, 2010
Collections Assistant
James Watts Workshop project

6 month fixed term contract
UKP15,000 - UKP16,000 per annum pro rata depending on knowledge and
skills

Job Ref: CAJW/JUN10-EXT
Closing Date: Monday 5 July 2010

Brief Description: The new Watt's Workshop display will centre on
the attic workshop of the renowned engineer James Watt. After his
death in 1819, this fascinating time capsule of inventiveness was
preserved in its entirety, and transferred to the Science Museum in
the 1920s. The exhibition will explore manual creativity, science
and business and aims to inspire whole new generations of James
Watts by linking to new close-to-market models.

You will plan and undertake the safe handling and movement of a wide
range of materials, sizes and conditions within an historic setting
and the many objects therein. Object moves will take place in the
hours before the Museum opens to ensure safe and secure delivery.

You will ensure the safe movement of objects into a temporary store
and install into a new gallery space according to the installation
schedule, in line with established professional standards and
protocols.

You will condition check and provide up to date location changes
within MIMSY XG collections database and on the shared object list.

You will work alongside a dedicated Project Conservator to manage
the movement, temporary storage, remedial conservation and eventual
install of the objects.

How to apply: You can get a copy of the job description by going to
the Science Museum website or by emailing Emma Duggan, Conservation
Managger directly on emma.duggan<-at->sciencemuseum<.>org<.>uk

As well as your CV, we would like you to write a covering letter.
Read the job description carefully and explain to us how your
experience makes you ideal for this job.

Please email your CV and Supporting Statement to

    recruitment<-at->sciencemuseum<.>org<.>uk
    (please quote ref. CAJW/JUN10-EXT in email subject line)

or by post to:

    HR Assistant
    ref. CAJW/JUN10-EXT
    Human Resources Department
    The Science Museum
    Exhibition Road
    London SW7 2DD

We welcome applications from all sections of the community in which
we work.  We particularly welcome applications from disabled people
and we guarantee interviews to suitably qualified disabled
applicants.

We regret that we are only able to respond to short-listed
applicants. No agencies please.

Emma Duggan
Conservation Manager, London
Science Museum