Subject: Modular dry store

Modular dry store

From: Barry Knight <barry.knight<-at->
Date: Monday, June 21, 2010
The British Library is considering acquiring a modular dry store to
contain materials such as metals which require a drier environment
than that which is suitable for books and manuscripts, eg 25-30% RH
as opposed to 50-55% RH.  We would envisage constructing such a
store, probably no more than 20 m2 in size, with a dedicated
dehumidifier, within one of our existing storage areas.  Does
anybody have any experience of constructing and using such stores?
We would be very grateful if you could share your experiences with
us.

Dr Barry Knight
Head of Conservation Research
The British Library