Subject: Removing labels from marble

Removing labels from marble

From: Sandy Wood <swood<-at->
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2010
I wish to remove the old sticky labels from some of the marble
sculpture we hold in our collection and was wondering what would be
best to use. I have often used WD40 for this task but in the case of
white marble I am a bit wary in case a greasy residue is left
behind.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sandy Wood
Assistant Curator
Collections Department
The Royal Scottish Academy of Art and Architecture
The Dean Gallery, 73 Belford Road
Edinburgh, EH4 3DS
+44 131 624 6277

                   Distributed: Sunday, June 13, 2010