Subject: Preserving lipstick on chrome

Preserving lipstick on chrome

From: Julie Snyder <snyder_julie<-at->
Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I recently acquired a microphone (chrome grill, foam windscreen
beneath), which under normal circumstances would not pose any
storage issues. However, this particular microphone has a
performer's lipstick on it, and I would like to keep it there.  Can
anyone recommend a means for preservation that won't dissolve the
lipstick, or damage the chrome or windscreen?  I've received one
recommendation for a fine art fixative, but the person who
recommended it was unsure of how it would work on metal.

Julie Snyder, MLIS
Corporate Librarian/Archivist
Shure Incorporated
5800 West Touhy Avenue