Subject: Hydroxyl generators

Hydroxyl generators

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh<-at->
Date: Friday, May 28, 2010
I am amending my previous posting, which was a query on ozone
generators (see Ozone generators, Conservation DistList Instance:
24:2 Thursday, May 27, 2010).

After speaking to a someone in the disaster recovery business, I
learned that "hydroxyl generators" have taken their place.  The
literature that I have found so far (mostly, of course, from the
purveyors) indicates that these are much less "toxic" than ozone.
What that actually means I don't know.  From what I can tell, these
are used in HVAC systems as air cleaners.  So, again, I would
appreciate any information.  So far my tests have shown no obvious
changes in a few hours of exposure, and quite effective removal of
smells.

    **** Moderator's comments: Please see the original posting in

Many thanks for those who responded to my earlier posting.

Barbara Appelbaum
Appelbaum and Himmelstein
444 Central Park West
New York, NY  10025