Subject: Adhesives for waxed paper

Adhesives for waxed paper

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh<-at->
Date: Friday, May 28, 2010
Mary Fahey <maryf [at] thehenryford__org> writes

>Can anyone suggest an adhesive to be used to repair fake flowers,
>made from wax coated paper. The wax layer is rather thick.

Waxes can sometimes be joined with an emulsion adhesive.  If the
fragments are light-weight, sticky wax (aka "earthquake" or
"mortuary" wax) might do the trick.  I think some people actually
use heat, but that wouldn't be my choice!  Likewise for solvents.

Barbara Appelbaum
Appelbaum and Himmelstein
444 Central Park West
New York, NY  10025