Subject: New podcast--Minding the Museum

New podcast--Minding the Museum

From: David Harvey <topladave<-at->
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2010
The Minding The Museum Podcast is Now Online!

Hi Everyone,

I am proud to announce that the very first podcast of Minding The
Museum: The Museum and Conservation Podcast is now online.

The first show features an interview with Susanne Grieve who has had
a career full of adventures as a marine archaeological
conservator--from shipwrecks in the Gulf of Mexico, the conservation
of the CSS Hunley, the USS Monitor, to her six months in Antarctica
preserving Ernest Shackleton's Hut and its contents. Then we talk
about her transition to teaching conservation in the Maritime
Studies Program at East Carolina University - including lab work on
the finds from the Queen Anne's Revenge. We also feature great music
from independent artists Lisa Nemzo, Kym Campbell, Thomas Hornig,
and Froud.

Go to

    <URL:http://www.mindingthemuseum.com>

Click on Podcasts and follow the instructions to listen.

I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. I am looking for
future guests in the museum and conservation fields.Please consider
sending in photos of museum professionals in action to feature on
the site as well.

David Harvey
Senior Conservator and Museum Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 27, 2010