Subject: Aluminum stretchers

Aluminum stretchers

From: Baxter Anne <baxter.cons<-at->
Date: Sunday, May 23, 2010
Nina Ryder Kjolsen <nina.kjolsen [at] niku__no> writes

>... A new stretcher made of wood of this
>size has a weight of approximately 40kg. I would like to get some
>ideas on where I could get a customized aluminum stretcher, and the
>approximate. weight of a stretcher made of aluminum. Does anyone
>have any good tips and ideas they could share on this topic?

Custom made aluminium stretchers can be obtained from

    <URL:http://www.chassitech.com>

in France.  They have a very comprehensive website showing various
types of stretcher, and are able to design stretchers for specific
projects according to your technical requirements.

Anne Baxter
Conservation-restauration de tableaux
France

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 27, 2010