Subject: Aluminum stretchers

Aluminum stretchers

From: Dilys A. Johns <d.johns<-at->
Date: Sunday, May 23, 2010
Nina Ryder Kjolsen <nina.kjolsen [at] niku__no> writes

>... A new stretcher made of wood of this
>size has a weight of approximately 40kg. I would like to get some
>ideas on where I could get a customized aluminum stretcher, and the
>approximate. weight of a stretcher made of aluminum. Does anyone
>have any good tips and ideas they could share on this topic?

Two papers on this topic are about to be presented at the 11th Wet
Organic Archaeological Materials conference in Greenville, N
Carolina, USA starting May 23, 2010.

The authors are Endo et al. and Jensen and Straekvern. You might like
to contact them re additional information and/or data. See

    <URL:http://www.woam2010.com>

Dilys Johns
Conservation/Archaeology
The University of Auckland