Subject: Cleaning microscopes

Cleaning microscopes

From: Susan White <smwhitewhite<-at->
Date: Wednesday, May 19, 2010
I was able to procure a wonderful polarizing Zeiss microscope, used,
and with some tweaking now have it up and running.  I do need to
have it cleaned however, and was hoping to save some money by doing
it myself, rather than having to pay an expensive technician to do
so.  I was going to use a proprietary lens cleaner that I use to
clean my eyeglasses, but wondered if anyone knows what the preferred
cleaner is for microscopes.  Acetone, Toluene, ethylene glycol?  I
was planning on using lens cleaning tissue and wondered also if
these are appropriate for the cleaning of high quality lenses as
those in my Zeiss?

                  Distributed: Thursday, May 20, 2010