Subject: XRD film sought

XRD film sought

From: Catherine Higgitt <chiggitt<-at->
Date: Monday, May 17, 2010
Unfortunately the day has finally arrived and we have reached the
last roll of the X-ray film that we have been using for the Debye
Scherrer cameras in our X-ray Diffraction equipment. I am therefore
writing in the hope that someone (or someone you know) may have
unwanted stock that we might be able to buy (film details below).

    Kodak Scientific Imaging Film, Direct exposure DEF - 392, 35 mm
    wide roll

Alternatively, if you have had success cutting X-ray plates and
would be willing to share details of film types, exposure and
processing set ups used we would be most grateful if you could get
in touch (with me or my colleagues slaniece<-at->thebritishmuseum<.>ac<.>uk
or qwang<-at->thebritishmuseum<.>ac<.>uk) so that XRD can continue at the
British Museum!

Dr Catherine Higgitt
Head of Science,
Department of Conservation and Scientific Research,
The British Museum,
Great Russell Street,
London, WC1B 3DG
+44 20 7323 8679