Subject: Injectable foam for furniture

Injectable foam for furniture

From: Robert B. Faltermeier <info<-at->
Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Christian Imhoff <imhoff_c [at] hotmail__com> writes

>... Very accurate
>indications allowed us to build a transparent PMMA negative mould
>that represents the upholstery's original shape. Putting this
>negative mould on the conserved upholstery (= positive mould) results
>in voids in between, which we want to fill by injecting a foam that
>best fulfills conservational requirements.

Araldite produced several years back a 2 component foam that was
stable and did not get to hot.

By altering the hardener to resin ratio the foam can be made denser
or lighter. It is an epoxy resin and I never noticed any problems
with artefacts

Dr. Robert B. Faltermeier
46 Seng Poh Road 02-72
Singapore 161046