Subject: Storing maps

Storing maps

From: Lien Gyles <lien.gyles<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2010
At Derbyshire Record Office we are about to build an extension to
our storage facilities.  We would like to include a dedicated map
storage room in the new building and would appreciate advice or
suggestions from anyone who has recently bought plan chests or
racking or has come up with other map storage solutions.  Most of
our maps are currently lying on metal shelves, rolled and wrapped in
sturdy archival quality wrapping paper.

Any other advice on dealing with the furnishing of a new archive
storage building would also be very welcome.

Many thanks,

Lien Gyles
Senior Conservator
Derbyshire Record Office