Subject: Commercially available paraloid based adhesives

Commercially available paraloid based adhesives

From: John Greenwood <john.greenwood<-at->
Date: Friday, April 16, 2010
I have recently relocated from the UK to Australia and I am in the
process of re-establishing conservation laboratories in the
University of Canberra.  For various reasons, mainly financial, I
have decided to make up my own Paraloid B72 adhesive rather than use
the familiar HMG adhesive in a tube.  Whilst becoming increasingly
sticky I was wondering if any conservators know of other Paraloid
based adhesives other than HMG that are commercially available from
hardware suppliers and have similar properties.

John Greenwood
Senior Lecturer
Heritage Conservation
University of Canberra ACT 2601