Subject: Vibration

Vibration

From: Christopher Weeks <christopher.weeks<-at->
Date: Monday, April 19, 2010
Karen Potje <kpotje [at] cca__qc__ca> writes

>...  I'm looking for help to reduce
>vibration in several fragile architectural models ...

I should like to ask if you have considered pendulum dampening?
Several of our galleries have poorly dampened floors, and we are
currently experimenting with this, and other design modifications to
free-standing cases such as the one you describe.  If anyone has
investigated the use of pendulum systems, we should be very interest
to hear from them.

Christopher Weeks ACR
Objects Conservator
Manx National Heritage