Subject: Paper and cardboard models

Paper and cardboard models

From: Marianne de Bovis <mariannedebovis<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010
I am student in Brussels (Belgium). I am doing a thesis about
restoration of architectural and scenery models in paper and
cardboard. Very few articles deal with this subject which is why I
ask if any of you have experience to share in this field. W What
damage have you seen on the models? What was your position toward
the restoration; did you treat the object like a document or like a
work of art?  Which treatment have you done (demounting,
desinfection, cleaning, removal tape, washing, desacidification,
removal of deformations, consolidation of tears, reconstitution of
missing pieces)? And finally have you planned a maintenance or done
a box for housing the model?

Marianne de Bovis
Master's student, Conservation-restoration of work of art on paper
    at the school La Cambre in Brussels

                  Distributed: Friday, April 16, 2010