Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Janita Chooramun <janita.chooramun<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Paintings Conservator
Tate

Location:  Southwark, London
Contract type: Part time (3 days per week), fixed term for 6 months

Closing date: 15 April 2010

Tate is committed to promoting public appreciation, awareness and
enjoyment of British art from the 16th century to the present day,
and of international modern and contemporary art.

Based within our Collection Care division, you will provide
conservation expertise in the preparation of paintings for loan,
transport and storage off site.  The post holder will treat,
conserve, restore and document paintings in Tate's collection and
care. We'll also expect you to keep up to date with the latest
conservation techniques and undertake research into conservation
techniques as required.

Professionally qualified with significant conservation skills,
you'll have proven post-training practical experience in the
conservation of easel paintings. You'll have comprehensive knowledge
of environmental monitoring and art transportation. You work well
independently, though you'll demonstrate proven organisational, IT
and planning skills which will enable you to operate with efficiency
in a multi-team environment. We'll also look for an analytical and
accurate deadline-focused approach. Experience in a museum or
gallery, would be an advantage.

Contact Details/How to apply: For further information and to
download an application pack, please visit

    <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk>

If you're unable to access our website please email jobs<-at->tate<.>org<.>uk
quoting ref: 10001.

Closing date: 15 April 2010.

Janita Chooramun
Human Resources Advisor