Subject: CCWI-181 Duct Sealant

CCWI-181 Duct Sealant

From: Maureen K. Sharp <msharp<-at->
Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Our Archives and Special Collections area has been having some
issues with some ductwork, and repairs have been proposed using a
product called CCWI-181 made by Hardcast.  The MSDS sheet says this
is not hazardous according to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200.  I have been
asked to see if anyone else has any experience with this product in
an Archives/Special Collections situation.  The main ingredients are
ethylene glycol, and methanol and other ingredients are latex
copolymer, calcium carbonate, hydrated alumina and chlorinated
paraffin.  Does anyone care to offer any opinions on this product?

Maureen Sharp
Collections Conservator
Purdue University Libraries
Purdue University