Subject: Lizards in collection

Lizards in collection

From: Thatayaone Segaetsho <segaetshot<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2010
I have just discovered habitation  of small lizards within  my
collection. Every morning cleaners will find them in reading rooms
and offices within the library. The perceived threats is stains from
hatching eggs, and maybe eating of collections. Our library is quite
big (three floors with underground floor were this lizards are
found) with archives located inside the same building therefore it
is quite difficult to monitor the roofing for inhabitants.  We
however tries to monitor temperature and humidity with a range of
18-21 degrees Celsius. But still the roofing can be affected by
outside environment. Usually lizards prefers hot temperatures but
the question is why do they survive here where temperatures are
quite lower?   How do I remove these from the collection? Do I have
to call private company for  spraying  etc?

T. Segaetsho (trainee Conservator)
University of Botswana library
private bag 0390
Gaborone