Subject: Temperature control in exhibit cases

Temperature control in exhibit cases

From: Ryan Kershaw <rkershaw<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Meg Brown <megbrown [at] nc__rr__com> writes

>...  We are investigating the possibility of making
>cases that could offer active temperature and RH control. ...

I recently worked on the Dead Sea Scrolls Project at the Royal
Ontario Museum, and they were using the Microclimate System from
Keepsafe.  The system provides a centralized source of temperature
and humidity controlled air that can be distributed to the cases.  I
would expect that one of the drawbacks would be that each machine
would only provide one type of air, but you would need to confirm
that.

>...  We do not have an on-staff facilities
>manager and I am concerned with potential pitfalls.

The system we supplied to the Royal Ontario Museum was a wireless
temperature and humidity monitoring system that has the ability to
be remotely monitored, and can be programmed to send alarm notices
out via e-mail and text messages.  While I am admittedly biased
towards our system, most new environmental monitoring systems should
have this without any monitoring costs aside from standard text
messaging rates.

Ryan Kershaw
Bestobell AquaTronix
Toronto, ON