Subject: Sandstone

Sandstone

From: Irene Delaveris <irene_delaveris<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I have recently started to work in Tiwanaku, Bolivia, a World
Heritage Site with a large number of monoliths and structures made
of red sandstone. These have serious deterioration problems, like
exfoliation, eolic deterioration and lichen colonies. Does anybody
have any experience in conservation of sandstone? I am interested in
information of materials and techniques in consolidation of this
kind of stone.

Irene Delaveris
Archaeological material conservator
Tiwanaku