Subject: Survey on deterioration of bookbinding leathers

Survey on deterioration of bookbinding leathers

From: Vidler Karen <karen.vidler<-at->
Date: Sunday, March 28, 2010
After a three year break I have returned to researching acid decay
in bookbinding leathers. More specifically developing an assessment
scheme for acid decay damaged binding leathers that is suitable for
the condition assessment of a large or small collection of damaged
leather bindings.

As part of this research I gave a short presentation to the ICON
(Institute for Conservation) book and paper group at the ICON
Conference 2010, Cardiff on Friday 26 March, 2010. During this
presentation some delegates completed a short questionnaire on acid
decay in binding leathers. If you would be interested in completing
this questionnaire please go to the following blog address where the
printable or downloadable version of the form can be found.

    <URL:http://leatherresearch.blogspot.com>

Karen Vidler
Book Conservator
6 Victoria Promenade