Subject: Palazzo Spinelli

Palazzo Spinelli

From: Ana Flynn <ana.flynn<-at->
Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Beatriz Pires <bea.arp [at] gmail__com> writes

>During my research of possible places to with that master degree
>available, I came across the Palazzo Spinelli, in Florence, Italy,
><URL:http://www.spinelli.it/ita> and their Master in the restoration
>of paintings and polychrome/gilt objects. I would like to inquire if
>there is anyone with previous experience about that particular
>institute that would be able to give me an opinion about its quality
>and if it is in fact a good place for me to further my education.
>
>Also, I am also curious to know if the course in question is in fact
>a Master Degree, recognized as such in other countries outside of
>Italy ...

I did a one month introductory course at Palazzo Spinelli about 15
years ago when trying to decide if I wanted to study conservation. I
found it a really good course. At that time and with that particular
course it was geared towards traditional Florentine techniques but I
am assuming that the full course will be far more inclusive. The
setting is exceptional and the teachers were knowledgeable and
enthusiastic.  I returned to England to complete my studies at
Camberwell and then Northumberland University but had my personal
circumstances have been different I would gladly have stayed to
study in Florence. As for the official recognition of this course
I'm not sure but would be interested to hear others opinions.
Regards Ana Flynn

Ana Flynn
Conservation Officer
Collections and Exhibitions