Subject: Web resource for artists

Web resource for artists

From: Natasha S. Hogan <natasha.s.hogan<-at->
Date: Friday, March 12, 2010
I plan to create a website for artists which will provide
information to facilitate informed decisions about materials,
framing, display and storage. I plan to host the website in a blog
format, or other web format that allows for user feedback and
multiple website authors.

Many artists are misinformed or unsure about adhesives, materials
and proper display techniques. I think creating such a website could
be a vital resource for artists and arts educators--and hopefully
less contemporary art will end up needing conservation work within
20 years of creation due to poor framing and storage practices!

I think this project would benefit from a collaboration of a variety
of viewpoints from people of different conservation specialities. I
am writing to the DistList to inquire if anyone would be interested
in contributing, collaborating or being involved with this project.

I also wanted to ask if anyone knew if there was a
conservation-managed interactive artist resource already in
existence? I have not yet found such a resource, but if there is
one, I would not want to 'recreate' the wheel.

Natasha Hogan
MA Conservation Student
Camberwell College of Arts
University of the Arts, London