Subject: Terminology

Terminology

From: Norman E. Muller <nmuller<-at->
Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010
In a letter Wm. Dunlap wrote to Charles Bird King in 1829 at the
close of an exhibition of Dunlap's paintings at the King Gallery in
Washington, D.C., he said: "I believe the safest way for the picture
will be to screen it up and ship it immediately to me directed
American Academy of Fine Arts."  Might anyone know what the term "to
screen it up" means?

Norman Muller

                  Distributed: Monday, March 22, 2010