Subject: Fading of TTY paper

Fading of TTY paper

From: Nicolas Avery <navery<-at->
Date: Friday, March 12, 2010
Peter D Verheyen <pdverhey [at] syr__edu> writes

>I have question regarding fading of yellow TTY (teletypewriter)
>paper from the late 1970s/early 80s. No doubt this paper was not
>intended to be retained permanently, however in this case the rolls
>are part of a landmark legal case and the donors would like to have
>them preserved. ...

I am not a conservator by training, but I would suggest the first
step might be to photograph the information on the rolls to ensure
that a copy of the information on them is preserved.

Nick Avery
Senior Architecture and Landscape Historian
Gray and Pape, Inc.

                  Distributed: Monday, March 22, 2010