Subject: Museum signage

Museum signage

From: Elizabeth Dunford <06036465<-at->
Date: Monday, March 1, 2010
    author.

I am a Masters student in the Conservation of HIstoric Objects at
the University of Lincoln, UK, and my dissertation will cover the
sign 'Removed for Conservation' that is so commonly used and how
visitors react to and interact with a scriptual replacement for a
visual object.

Primary research is central to this, and I'm looking for somewhere,
or even several places to conduct relevant interviews with visitors,
ideally in front of an object 'removed for conservation' and
wondered if anyone would be able to help. The aim of the
dissertation is not to criticise current museum practice, but rather
to discover visitors' reactions and to see if this could act as an
opportunity for further promotion, awareness and understanding of
the conservation profession. Any help, advice or suggestions for
contacts would be vastly appreciated

E Dunford
MA Conservation and Restoration of Historic Objects

                 Distributed: Wednesday, March 3, 2010