Subject: Call for papers--Conference on salt reduction

Call for papers--Conference on salt reduction

From: Angela Weyer <weyer<-at->
Date: Monday, February 15, 2010
Call for Papers
Interdisciplinary Conference on the Practice of Salt Reduction
February 3-5, 2011, Hildesheim

As part of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research
foundation) Project, the Hornemann Institute
<URL:http://www.hornemann-institut.de> is planning an
interdisciplinary conference on salt reduction on February 3-5, 2011
in Hildesheim.

We hope that the talks will present informative, long-term case
studies of salt reduction in both climate-controlled and
non-climate-controlled environments and evaluate the measures taken.

In addition, we have topics related to the prevention, such as:

    Modelling salt crystallization processes to clarify what
    environmental conditions cause particular salts to crystallize.

    Climate control to prevent or minimize salt damage.

The conference will start with talks discussing the current state of
scientific research on damage processes and salt reduction.

While we envision a diverse group of presenters and participants
representing multiple disciplines, all those interested are welcome
to attend.

We will be accepting abstracts of twenty-five to thirty lines until
May 15, 2010 at schwarz<-at->hornemann-institut<.>de

Abstracts of talks will be made public at
<URL:http://www.hornemann-institut.de> under "E-Publications." Talks
should be added to the new institute's Wiki developed with the
support of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research
Foundation).

Dr. Angela Weyer
Director
University of Applied Sciences and Arts
    Hildesheim/Holzminden/Gottigen
Faculty Preservation of Cultural Heritage
Hornemann Institute
Kardinal-Bertram-Strasse 36
D - 31134 Hildesheim
Germany