Subject: Shipping artwork across national borders

Shipping artwork across national borders

From: Jonathan Paul Derow <jd<-at->
Date: Friday, February 5, 2010
I am a private conservator in NYC.  A prospective client in Toronto
found me online and wants to ship his artwork to me for treatment
but is concerned about customs assessing duties in both directions.
In theory, if the art is to re-imported there shouldn't be any tax.
Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Jon Derow
J D Conservation, Inc.
790 Union St.
Brooklyn, NY 11215-1307
718-789-1270 (phone/fax)

                Distributed: Thursday, February 11, 2010