Subject: Elvace

Elvace

From: Ian Bogus <ian.bogus<-at->
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2010
We have regularly used the Elvace 45675 as our PVA for general
collections book repair.  Since the fungicide changed, about a year
ago, we have had problems with it developing mold.  At first we
decided to get smaller quantities and purchasing more often, but we
are still having trouble getting through a jar before it starts
molding.  In fact the last jar we opened developed mold in just two
weeks.  Has anyone else been having similar problems?

Ian Bogus
Head, General Collections Conservation
Preservation Department
Yale University Libraries