Subject: Haiti

Haiti

From: Eric Pourchot <epourchot<-at->
Date: Friday, January 15, 2010
The earthquake that struck Haiti on January 12 caused enormous human
suffering and death as well as extensive damage to Haiti's
infrastructure.  AIC and FAIC extend our condolences to the Haitian
people.  We encourage the conservation community to contribute to
the humanitarian aid efforts that are so vitally needed.  There are
many international and national agencies that can use your immediate
support to deliver food, water, medical supplies, and other
essentials.

AIC and FAIC have been in contact with the U.S. Committee of the
Blue Shield and other international agencies, and will continue to
monitor developments.  It will undoubtedly be many weeks before
basic health, safety, communications, shelter, food, and water needs
are met. We stand ready to provide assistance to cultural
institutions if and when needed.

Contributions to FAIC to support deployments of the AIC Collections
Emergency Response Team (AIC-CERT) are accepted year-round. You can
either:

Make your contribution by credit card at

    <URL:http://www.conservation-us.org/donate>

Or, mail your check (made payable to FAIC) to:

    Attn: AIC-CERT
    FAIC
    1156 15th Street NW, Suite 320
    Washington DC 20005

More information about AIC-CERT can be found at

    <URL:http://www.conservation-us.org/cert>

Eryl Wentworth,
Executive Director

Eric Pourchot, Ph.D.
Institutional Advancement Director
Foundation of the American Institute for
  Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
202-661-8061
Fax: 202-452-9328

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 20, 2010