Subject: Seed murals

Seed murals

From: Patricia Smith-Hunt <patricia.smith-hunt<-at->
Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010
Our library is interested in acquiring one or more murals and an
insignia from the Tuskegee Airmen float which was part of the recent
Pasadena Tournament of Roses parade. The murals are roughly 4 feet
wide and 6 feet high. Both the murals and insignia are made of poppy
seed glued onto canvas. Should we acquire these pieces we will
probably be required to exhibit them for long periods of time. What
is the best way to preserve these items and are there any special
factors to consider when exhibiting them?

Patricia Smith-Hunt, Ph.D
Head, Preservation Services Dept.
University of California, Riverside
PO Box 5900
Riverside, CA  92517-5900
951-827-7702
Fax: 951-827-3720

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 13, 2010