Subject: Paper adhered to fossil vertebrates

Paper adhered to fossil vertebrates

From: Amy Davidson <davidson<-at->
Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010
I personally think paper labels (made with carbon-based ink on
archival paper, impregnated with Paraloid B-72 and pressed well onto
the surface) can be as long-lasting as the traditional B-72 sandwich
method, but my labels are only a few years old.

Are any of you using paper labels adhered onto your objects? If so,
can you comment on their longevity or any other opinions about them?

Amy Davidson
Senior Principal Preparator
Division of Paleontology
American Museum of Natural History
CPW at 79th Street
New York NY 10024

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 13, 2010