Subject: Position at St Fagans

Position at St Fagans

From: Sue Renault <sue.renault<-at->
Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010
Position (maternity cover up to 12 months)
St. Fagans
National History Museum

Salary:  UKP20,978 - UKP25,471 per annum

St. Fagans: National History Museum is a 100 acre open air site with
period displays exhibited in nearly fifty buildings.

We are seeking a person committed to presenting the displayed
interiors of our historic buildings in accordance with the highest
possible standards of care.  The role demands a highly motivated
individual with a determination to achieve.  Although based in a
small team, we are looking for someone who is also an effective lone
worker, demonstrating high performance and good time management
skills. The successful applicant will have a proven balance of both
practical and administrative skills.

In addition to a recognised conservation qualification, applicants
need to show that they have sound preventive conservation skills and
must be prepared to undertake the in-depth cleaning of the mixed
media, accessioned collection on display within the buildings.   It
is sometimes necessary to work off scaffolding, so having a good
head for heights would help.  This dynamic position liaises with all
levels of the organisation; hence, good communication skills are
essential.

The ability to speak Welsh, or the commitment to learning, would be
an advantage.

Further information and an application form can be found at

    <URL:http://www.museumwales.ac.uk>

Closing date: 29 January 2010 (by 5 pm)
Interview date: Week commencing 8 February 2010

Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales is an equal opportunities
employer.  Applications are welcome from all sections of the
community.

Sue Renault  ACR
Head of St. Fagans Conservation
St. Fagans: National History Museum