Subject: Bleaching coated paper

Bleaching coated paper

From: Tracey Heft <trace<-a>
Date: Friday, December 19, 2008
I am looking for more information on the bleaching and/or general
treatment of coated paper stocks used on magazines from the
1950's/1960's.  I have a current project that would see the marriage
of two damaged magazines together to create a complete, restored
magazine.  However, the paper color on one does not match the other,
hence the need for bleaching and/or similar whitening treatments.

Tracey Heft

                 Distributed: Friday, December 19, 2008