Subject: Exhibiting Polaroid prints

Exhibiting Polaroid prints

From: Gary Saretzky <gsaretzk<-a>
Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008
Jennie Thomas <jthomas [at] albion__edu> writes

>We have two faculty members from our Art and Art History Dept. who
>have purchased a 20 x 30 inches Joachim Knill Polaroid photograph

To help protect the Polaroid color print from dye changes during
indefinite display in a home, my suggestion is to use a decorative
cloth (perhaps complementing the color of curtains or other fabrics
in the room) with a black cloth backing and hang it over the frame
using a dowel inside the top end of the cloth.  When the room is in
use and the owners want to see the photo or show it off to visitors,
the fabric is rolled up on the dowel and removed.  I use this method
in my own home for a different type of photograph and it works well
for me.

Gary D. Saretzky
Archivist, County of Monmouth

                 Distributed: Friday, December 19, 2008