Subject: Anoxia

Anoxia

From: Caitlin O'Grady <caitlin.o'grady<-a>
Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I am writing on behalf of my colleague at the Virginia Department of
Historic Resources, Dee DeRoche, curator, who has been charged with
planning and implementing facilities for anoxic treatment of organic
materials. The space will be shared by the Virginia Department of
Historic Resources and the Virginia Historical Society.  We would
like to be able to treat small archaeological finds, incoming boxes
with packed archaeological materials and records, archival
materials, as well as furniture in the proposed space for anoxic
treatment. Presumably, given the range in material, two different
chambers will be necessary. Any advice or help would be very much
appreciated regarding experience working with anoxic treatment of
these materials, implementation of such spaces, as well as size and
approximate costs for chambers. Furthermore, if anyone has worked
with specific companies, we would like to hear more about your
experience. I will forward any comments to Dee.

Caitlin O'Grady
Conservator
Virginia Department of Historic Resources
2801 Kensington Ave.
Richmond, VA 23221
804-367-2323 ext. 130
Fax: 804-367-2391